Who is a potential victim of sub-frenzy? *Every submissive* from the inexperienced newbie – to long time submissives who may have found themselves recently released from their Owners.
What are the signs or symptoms of sub-frenzy?
· Insatiable hunger to experience it ALL right NOW!
· Focused only in finding that special *One*.
· Falling “in love” with a new Dominant within hours or a few days of meeting/talking to Them.
· Giving your submission to any and every Dominant to “prove” your submission.
· Making poor or potentially dangerous decisions:
o Meeting Dom/me X on Monday and engaging in a BDSM session on Wednesday.
o Not setting up safe calls.
o Not establishing safe words
o Not informing anyone
· Accepting a collar without fully knowing a Dominant.
· Immediately believing everything a Dominant tells you.
· Ignoring your “gut” feelings.
· Agreeing to meet an on-line Dominant, in person - in a private setting versus a public place.
· Not checking a Dominant’s references, (previous submissives, friends in the community) prior to arranging a meeting.
· Changing your personality or ideals of submission to make your self more attractive to a potential Dominant.
Basically sub-frenzy is the state of wanting your submissive “fix” so desperately, you ultimately sacrifice your self. So how do you protect yourself from sub-frenzy? If you are new to the BDSM lifestyle, there are several ways to ensure you do not become a victim… not only of sub-frenzy, but also from unsavory Dominants Who prey on inexperienced and naïve submissives.
· Read all you can about the lifestyle before you decide what it is you *think* you want.
· Attend munches and local BDSM group functions.
· Find a submissive mentor.
· Ask questions… lots and LOTS of questions.
· Take time to know the Person inside the Dominant you are interested in.
· Discuss (prior to any session) exactly what you can expect and what is expected of you.
· Establish safe calls and safe words. (see safety issues if you don’t know what these are.)
· Gather complete and detailed personal information, including references from the Dominant prior to ANY encounter and follow them up.
· Be honest about yourself, including your experience or lack of, in the lifestyle.